Tuesday, December 08, 2009

diciembre

Hola/Ave

Well, things haave been very busy around here. The holidays are here and so is the end of the Trimester.

Grades:

Grades are here. Report cards will be coming out next week. I have been very busy trying to get everyone's grades in the gradebook.

The Middle Schoolers have been very remiss and have been having a hard time turning in their Portfolios. A major note: 7th and 8th graders have a few assessments in their Portfolios. If I do not recieve the Portfolios in to me by Thursday, December 10th, than according to PCA guidelines I must put a 50% for every assessment missing (in order to put grades into the report cards). I have given out Student Reports to those students missing their Portfolios. I have repeatedly announced on announcements for the past week to turn in their Portfolios completed including the last assessment page.


7th & 8th Grade
Seventh and 8th grades are having their end of Stage 1 Test(closed notes) this rotation. The students will have the opportunity to do test corrections this next rotation. After we will be moving on to the next topic/stage. Seventh graders will be learning more about the Roman/Pompeian House (villa). Eighth graders will be learning a little more about business (negotium). Trimester bring in a project to be done. I will introduce this soon.

K-6

Most of the classes have finished up with classroom/school vocabulary. The next theme is Family.

Family Song

padre-father
madre-mother
chico-boy
chica-girl
abuelo is grandpa
abuela is grandma
our family, our family

hermano-brother
hermana-sister
hijo-son
hija-daughter
padre y madre
abuelo y abuela
la familia, la familia

Please help your child know the above vocabulary along with the following:

tio-uncle
tia-aunt
primos- cousins

With some of the older classes (5th-6th graders), I want them to be able to describe their familiy and family members. So, I am going to do some basic adjectives.

I am thinking of an arts and crafts project involving a family tree with it being labeled in Spanish. Will keep you informed on this at a later time.

Feliz Navidad:

Christmas is right around the corner. The concerts to are very soon. I will be doing a holiday related rotation on Navidad. Most Hispanic countries are Catholic dominate and celabrate the birth of Christ. It is said the poinsettia, the Christmas flower, comes from the new world (Mexico). I have not decided exactly what activity I will do, but I have a few ideas: cards, snowmen, ornaments, paper string, etc.

That's all for now. I will chat with you in the new year....

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo!!!! =)

Senorita Morrin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home